Monday, February 28, 2011

Art Project A Day #59

Art Project A Day #59. Today, I chose my last project for February's Tea for Two theme. It's an iced tea carafe that was given to me in 1993 by Amber's 5th grade teacher, because I had been volunteering that year to tutor small groups of students in her class in Math.

It's a very pretty glass pitcher with another glass insert that holds ice to keep the tea cold longer. It has a wooden stand, and a wooden lid. The carafe is sitting on a little table covered with a white battenburg lace tablecloth.

This is an 8 x 10 watercolor on 140 pound Arches watercolor paper and Reeves watercolor paint.

I have truly enjoyed my Art Project a Day for the last 2 months, but I have put many other things on the back burner, which I now intend to work on. If I could do an Art Project a Day every day for the rest of my life it would be so awesome. But, in reality, I have to get back to my real life. I have some art projects that are too big to finish in just a day, so I will still do artwork, but I will also have to catch up on some housework and yardwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment